[TiDBer Chat Session 100] DM Database is Going Public! What Do You Think About Domestic Databases?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 【TiDBer 唠嗑茶话会 100】达梦数据库要上市啦!对于国产数据库,大家怎么看?

| username: 社区小助手

:sunglasses::tada: Dameng Database has received approval from the China Securities Regulatory Commission for its STAR Market listing! This IPO approval for Dameng Database is also an important milestone for our domestic database industry. The development of Dameng has witnessed the journey of China’s database industry from scratch to growth and expansion. What do you all think about domestic databases? Let’s chat together!

This Topic:

Dameng Database is going public! What do you think about domestic databases? :sparkles:

Event Rewards:

Participation Award

Participate in this chat session to receive 30 points as a reward~

Event Duration:

2023.12.29 - 2024.1.5

The chat session has reached 100 episodes! A moment worth celebrating!! :tada:

In the 101st episode of the chat session, we will select the top xxx participants to receive our Ti badge + mysterious merchandise. Looking forward to it!

| username: Fly-bird | Original post link

I’m sitting in front of my desk looking at it, there’s too much fluff, I don’t dare to look.

| username: heiwandou | Original post link

I don’t care about going public, I just want points.

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

It is only a matter of time before domestic databases are launched one after another. The country is prepared to support domestic products and decouple from foreign industries.

| username: xiaour | Original post link

Overcoming obstacles, being able to go public is definitely a good thing.

| username: Hacker007 | Original post link

More companies like this, please.

| username: itfarmer | Original post link

There are over 200 domestic database companies competing fiercely. Let’s see who will have the last laugh.

| username: TiDBer_LM | Original post link

More than 300 companies are working on databases, with many just rebranding existing ones. Everyone wants a piece of the lucrative domestic market, but we’ll see who survives in the end.

| username: ShawnYan | Original post link

The 100th episode of the Chitchat Tea Party is here, and this is worth celebrating even more than dreaming of going public~~

| username: 我爱桃花 | Original post link

They have benefited from the dividends of information innovation and policies. Now, with the overall situation not looking good and capital tightening, investors are adopting a wait-and-see attitude. The IPO may not achieve the previously mentioned valuation of several billion. Despite this, they still spent several hundred million to build a large building.

| username: TIDB-Learner | Original post link

In a normal market, going public represents strong capabilities and is valued by the public. Among peers, DM (Dameng) is also one of the top in China. Market share highlights strength; being chosen by numerous private enterprises is the true mark of going public and going global. I hope there will be more companies with genuine strength, rather than those just looking to benefit from policy dividends and subsidies.

| username: zhaokede | Original post link

Watching closely.
After the financing, it should develop better. As a domestic database, its security and service support should be more reliable.

| username: 裤衩儿飞上天 | Original post link

Onlookers~

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

The threshold for the STAR Market is too high, I can’t buy it.

| username: jaybing926 | Original post link

Dameng IPO, maybe they already have a sense of crisis and want to make money quickly, hahaha~~

=== When it comes to domestic databases, I only trust TiDB!!! ===

| username: Aionn | Original post link

The news about DM (Dameng) going public is from a long time ago. The survival space without going public is very narrow.

| username: 半瓶醋仙 | Original post link

Going public can align with international standards, maintain high growth, and attract advanced technology, talent, and capital. However, if the company cannot keep up with the necessary resources for R&D, going public and being influenced by capital is an unavoidable move. Dameng is also one of the top databases in China, and the development of domestic databases still has a long way to go.

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦 | Original post link

First comment, grabbing some popcorn~

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

I hope the day TiDB goes public comes soon!