[TiDBer Chat Session 111] How to Choose the Right Tech Stack and Development Direction Among Nearly 300 Domestic Databases

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 【TiDBer 唠嗑茶话会 111】 面对近300种国产数据库,如何选择合适的技术栈和发展方向

| username: Billmay表妹

This is a question raised by a user during the first online exchange event of the TechTalk public community yesterday.

How do you view this question?

This Topic:

Facing nearly 300 types of domestic databases, how to choose the appropriate technology stack and development direction

Participation Reward:

Participate in the discussion by leaving a message and earn 30 points & experience!

Event Time:

2024.3.15 - 2024.3.22

| username: 大飞哥online | Original post link

Follow the trend.

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

First, I’m shocked by the 300 types, it truly exemplifies the competitive spirit.
Then, closely following the list of trusted innovations, with a wide range of exploration.
Finally, deeply studying our company’s database.
:yum::yum::yum:

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

I feel that:

You can choose no more than two tech stacks to deeply understand!

Use them extensively!

| username: ShawnYan | Original post link

How to choose from 300 options, which direction do you all prefer?

Let’s choose TiDB first~~

| username: TiDBer_LM | Original post link

There are many migration cases and fewer foreseeable pitfalls. If you can show everyone the migration cases and mature solutions, more people will learn from them. Be bold and share them.

| username: xuexiaogang | Original post link

Apart from a few good ones at the top, most domestic databases actually cause more anxiety for DBAs.

| username: paulli | Original post link

First of all, I support TOP N domestic databases. The database meets the requirements of daily business while also considering the direction of future technological development, such as distributed, cloud-native, HATP, and other future technology directions for databases.

| username: forever | Original post link

Start with TiDB as a base, then choose another one. :grin:

| username: 长安是只喵 | Original post link

Listen more, watch more, and learn more~

| username: alfred | Original post link

Although it’s a process of sifting through the sands, DBAs are definitely under a lot of pressure.

| username: Kamner | Original post link

"Gauge your appetite by the dishes available; learn the ones with a larger user base first. The ones that survive are the ‘good databases.’

TiDB is definitely worth learning :smirk:"

| username: Jellybean | Original post link

Refer to market choices to narrow down the selection range;
Then carefully select based on the characteristics of the business itself.

| username: 我是人间不清醒 | Original post link

The successful ones are all driven by open-source communities, and the competition is indeed intense in China. :top: I have tested several of them and ultimately chose TiDB.

| username: 气死人的萌新 | Original post link

Believe in domestic products, believe in distributed systems.

| username: dockerfile | Original post link

1. Use True distributed databases represented by TiDB to replace all TP and lightweight AP services. (Reliability, ease of maintenance, multi-tenant management, and community maturity are all indispensable)

2. Use other databases to replace all AP queries and BI services.

| username: DBRE | Original post link

High market share and comprehensive documentation.

| username: Fly-bird | Original post link

It must be able to scale infinitely, have strong performance, and be cost-effective.

| username: TiDBer_pFFcXLgY | Original post link

The company has only approved three or four types that can be used.

| username: twentycui | Original post link

Mastering the database used by the company and one other mainstream domestic database is sufficient. Since the company uses TiDB, I plan to only master TiDB for now.