[TiDBer Chat Session 63] Soul-Searching Question: What Do You Think You Must Accomplish in This Life to Have No Regrets? - Weekly Edition

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 【TiDBer 唠嗑茶话会 63】灵魂拷问:你觉得今生一定要完成哪件事情,人生才不会有遗憾?——每周一期

| username: Billmay表妹

One sleepless night,

A friend in my social circle posted this question:

What is the one thing you need to accomplish to have no regrets in life?

I thought about this question for a long time,

I wondered:

Is it going to Iceland to see the Northern Lights?

Is it going to Antarctica to see penguins?

What would your answer be?

This Topic:

What do you think is the one thing you must accomplish in this life to have no regrets?

This Period’s Rewards:

Participation Award:

Participate in the topic discussion to receive 30 points~

Event Duration:

2023.3.17-2023.3.24

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

Passed away without regrets~ :thinking:

| username: Hacker007 | Original post link

Still young, don’t want to think about this.

| username: db_user | Original post link

Complete everything I have in mind :joy:

Actually, just being healthy and happy every day is enough. There’s nothing in particular that I want to accomplish.

| username: tidb狂热爱好者 | Original post link

Life definitely has regrets, big and small. Not ending up with your girlfriend, for example. Without regrets, how can it be called life? This is what we call the beauty of imperfection.

| username: xfworld | Original post link

I’m quite greedy, so I always feel regretful if I only complete one thing :upside_down_face:

The thing I most want to achieve right now: having enough risk resistance capability~

| username: Jellybean | Original post link

The exciting journey has just begun, but cousin, you want me to think about the ending.

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

It’s time to think about life, hahahahahaha.

We are all ordinary people.

Living is just life, without thinking, without an ending. The masses of beings.

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦 | Original post link

Upgrade the production environment TiDB to the latest version (currently still 3.0).

| username: dba-kit | Original post link

There is still a long way to go, so it’s impossible to guarantee a life without regrets. However, up to now, my biggest regret is not sticking to my own opinion when applying for college. Following my family’s suggestion, I applied to a school in Beijing and ended up being assigned to a major I didn’t like. Although I later switched back to computer science through a cross-major graduate exam, I wasted four years and missed several opportunities.

:thinking: Maybe one day, all the servers go down, and it just so happens that a logical backup of the data was made the day before. At this time, can we directly deploy the latest version of the cluster? :star_struck:

| username: 草木小白 | Original post link

Make a to-do list, 0/100

| username: 裤衩儿飞上天 | Original post link

The biggest regret is not being able to go back to the past :face_exhaling: :face_exhaling: :face_exhaling:

Imagine it’s 10 years later, think about what you want to do, then open your eyes, wow, you’re back 10 years ago. :grinning:

| username: gary | Original post link

The world is so big, I want to go and see it all :grinning:

| username: xingzhenxiang | Original post link

Watching the kids get married and have children :100:

| username: CuteRay | Original post link

There are so many things I want to do, but life is full of difficulties and regrets.

“Things often go against our wishes, how many times can we have a good mood in a hundred years?”
From another perspective, as people grow up, what they want to do at 20 might not be what they want to do at 30.
“I wanted to buy osmanthus and carry wine, but it’s never like the youthful days.”

Just don’t let the regrets of the past become the burden of future life, take it easy.
Recently, what I want to do most is travel, to play, to see, to eat!