TiKV Continuously Reports Error: Failed to Get Mailbox

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tikv持续报错failed to get mailbox

| username: Kongdom

[TiDB Usage Environment] Testing
[TiDB Version] v7.1.0
[Reproduction Path] None
[Encountered Problem: Problem Phenomenon and Impact]
The cluster response is slow, and operation response is slow. Checking the logs reveals continuous errors.

| username: xfworld | Original post link

The “failed to get mailbox” error is usually caused by network communication issues between TiKV nodes. When TiKV nodes cannot establish or maintain network connections with other nodes, this error occurs.

Some common issues that may lead to the “failed to get mailbox” error include:

1. Network failure: Check if the network connection is normal and ensure that TiKV nodes can communicate with each other. You can try using the ping command or other network tools to test connectivity between nodes.
  2. Firewall configuration: Check firewall settings to ensure that the communication ports between TiKV nodes are open. TiKV uses port 20160 by default for inter-node communication, so make sure this port is not blocked by the firewall.
  3. Resource limitations: Check if system resources are sufficient to support communication between TiKV nodes. For example, check if the server’s CPU, memory, and disk space are adequate.
  4. TiKV configuration errors: Check the TiKV configuration file to ensure it is correctly configured. Pay special attention to key configuration items such as advertise-addr and pd-endpoints.

If the above methods do not resolve the issue, it is recommended to check the TiKV log files for more detailed error information. Based on the specific error information in the logs, you can further locate and resolve the problem.

Please note that the above are just some common issues that may cause the “failed to get mailbox” error, and the specific reason may vary depending on the environment and configuration. If the problem persists, it is recommended to refer to the official TiKV documentation or seek help from the TiDB community for more accurate diagnosis and solutions.

It seems like a network issue. Could it be caused by instability due to jitter?

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

:yum: A single-node mixed deployment system with 1 TiDB, 1 PD, and 1 TiKV should not have any interaction issues, and the firewall is also turned off.

What about the network card? Is it 1gb bandwidth or 10gb bandwidth?

It should be 100 Mbps bandwidth~

I’m speechless~~ :rofl:

| username: h5n1 | Original post link

The mailbox is in the raftstore. It seems like there might be an issue with your region, which could be related to your missing peer.

:joy: Is that what you mean? I thought it was about sending emails externally, and I even specifically checked if I could access the external network and the firewall.

Yes, let’s move everything over there.

:yum: Dare to challenge the hardware limits, and be brave to test the cluster limits.

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

The prompt indicates that emails cannot be sent. Is it possible that the email service is not functioning?

At first, I thought so too, but since there is no configuration error for the sending email, it shouldn’t be like this.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Which component reported this log?

I don’t remember. I’ll check it out when I go to the office on Monday.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.