Tiup cluster list does not display cluster information

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tiup cluster list 显示不了集群信息

| username: TiDBer_S2OZMD8Q

The image is not visible. Please provide the text content for translation.

| username: xfworld | Original post link

Take a look at the execution log of the tiup command.

| username: TiDBer_S2OZMD8Q | Original post link

Could you please tell me where the execution logs are located?

| username: xfworld | Original post link

You can find TiUP’s log files in the $HOME/.tiup/logs directory. The log file for tiup-cluster is named tiup-cluster.log, and the log file for tiup-dm is named tiup-dm.log. You can use the tail -f command to view the contents of the log file in real-time, for example:

tail -f ~/.tiup/logs/tiup-cluster.log

If you want to view the execution log of a specific command, you can use the tiup cluster audit or tiup dm audit command. These commands will list all executed commands and their execution times, and you can view the execution log based on the command ID. For detailed usage, you can refer to TiUP’s official documentation.

To view the execution logs of tiup, you can use the audit command. The syntax for using the audit command is as follows:

tiup cluster audit [audit-id] [flags]

If the [audit-id] flag is not specified, the command will display a list of executed commands. For example:

tiup cluster audit

This will display a list of commands, including the executed commands, their IDs, execution times, and the commands themselves.

I am unable to execute these commands: tiup cluster display ${cluster-name} and tiup cluster stop ${cluster-name}.

Could you please explain why the cluster named “tidb-test” is called “tidb-test” as shown in the images?

I am currently experiencing issues with a machine due to an excessive number of handles. I want to stop the cluster using tiup, but it is not stopping.

| username: WalterWj | Original post link

You can’t connect to the internet, right? :thinking:

The network is functioning normally, but now I encounter a problem where I can’t manage it even using tiup. Commands like tiup cluster list, tiup cluster display ${cluster-name}, and tiup cluster stop ${cluster-name} cannot be executed. I set up the cluster on New Year’s Day in 2022 and haven’t used it much since. Because TiKV and TiFlash are mixed on one machine, I recently found that the number of open handles is nearly 10 million, causing server alarms. So today I wanted to use tiup to restart it, but I couldn’t stop it, so I directly killed the processes on the machine with TiKV and TiFlash.

Do we have a technical discussion group where we can ask for help when we encounter problems in the future?

I followed the official configuration, and now the number of handles occupied is too many, several million. It should be the same for all 8 machines.

| username: 春风十里 | Original post link

Execute this command strace -Ttt tiup cluster list to see where the time is being spent?

| username: 春风十里 | Original post link

I saw that when the tiup command fails, there is a log like /root/.tiup/logs/tiup-cluster-debug-2023-05-19-05-33-57.log. You can also take a look.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

Find your meta file using the command find / -name meta.yaml and check which cluster directory it is located in.

I have reviewed the log, but I don’t understand why my cluster, which is tidb-test, consistently prompts that it cannot be found.

| username: 裤衩儿飞上天 | Original post link

The cluster name has been changed to test-tidb.

No, the cluster name was changed because tidb-test kept reporting errors. I thought I’d try changing the name to see if it helps.

| username: srstack | Original post link

Run find / -name meta.yaml to check if you didn’t use the default $TIUP_HOME during the initial deployment. The default is ./tiup.

| username: buptzhoutian | Original post link

It is estimated that the server in the screenshot is not the original management machine (the machine used for tiup cluster deploy).

# Try the output of this command line
stat $TIUP_HOME/storage/cluster/clusters
| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.