Tiup cluster reload failed

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tiup cluster reload 失败

| username: TiDBer_bOR8eMEn

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment
[TiDB Version] 5.2.3
[Reproduction Path] Modified SSH port to 8822, but the ssh_port in tiup cluster edit-config is 22. After changing it to 8822, tiup cluster reload is required for it to take effect. However, since my SSH is 8822, the reload fails. I want to know if there are other methods to make the configuration parameters take effect besides reloading on the control machine.

| username: srstack | Original post link

Modifying the SSH port for each host and global SSH port correctly should be sufficient :thinking: No need to reload.

| username: caiyfc | Original post link

Looking at your configuration, you have set an SSH port for each component. So, go to each component, change the SSH port in the config, then use systemctl to restart it, and then reload it on tiup.

| username: TiDBer_bOR8eMEn | Original post link

The question is that I don’t want to change the SSH port in the config file now, I just want to change the configuration file. Is there any way to do this?

It seems possible.

Other components have all run successfully, but the reload of these three TIDB instances failed.

| username: WalterWj | Original post link

Are you still getting an error with the scp file transfer? Have you tried doing it manually?

| username: 小龙虾爱大龙虾 | Original post link

Is it necessary to redistribute the component configuration files? There’s no record of the SSH port information here, right? Can someone test this?

| username: TIDB-Learner | Original post link

Can you test the scp command on the control machine to see if you can copy files to each instance machine?

| username: 小于同学 | Original post link

Check the configuration information.

| username: 友利奈绪 | Original post link

Take a look at the configuration file.

| username: lemonade010 | Original post link

Also change the SSH port in the cluster configuration file.

| username: TiDBer_H5NdJb5Q | Original post link

Change the SSH port in the configuration?