To reduce costs, we need to select storage and machines. Please help us review

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 为解决降本,对存储、机器进行选型,各位小伙伴帮忙看下

| username: 最强王者

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment / Testing / PoC
Storage Selection
Alibaba Cloud: 32 vCPU 128 GiB (I/O optimized) Local Disk Storage: 3576 GiB (Hot Data)
Alibaba Cloud: 8 vCPU 32 GiB (I/O optimized) Local Disk Storage: 22000 GiB (Cold Data)
Alibaba Cloud: Bare Metal
Everyone, please provide your suggestions.
Does anyone have experience with hybrid cloud?

| username: Jellybean | Original post link

You can check the recommended resource configuration for deployment nodes on the official website.

After deployment, make sure to conduct compatibility and performance verification tests for the business. Generally, these tasks need to be done in advance when launching new business in a new environment.

| username: Fly-bird | Original post link

If it’s on Alibaba Cloud: It is recommended to choose local NVME storage for TiKV, with at least 3 nodes. Unless you know how to use labels, you can deploy it on a bare metal host; TiDB and PD do not have high disk requirements.

Hybrid Cloud: You need to consider network costs, with latency not less than 100ms, which can be quite resource-intensive for the network; if you are setting up a primary-backup configuration, there are no significant requirements.

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

How do you handle your hot and cold data?

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

I/O optimization is what performance

I haven’t seen such a large local SSD on Alibaba Cloud. The largest one is just 1.8T.

| username: heiwandou | Original post link

The configuration is pretty good.

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

The official documentation has standard deployment configuration instructions:

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

I just thought of a key point: when deploying virtual machines, ensure that the virtual machines are not on the same physical machine. If the hardware fails, everything will be affected.

| username: 托马斯滑板鞋 | Original post link

You can pay attention to storage costs. I haven’t calculated the price of Alibaba Cloud ESSD compared to adding disks directly on bare metal (on another cloud, once it exceeds 3T or 4T, the price of cloud disks directly surpasses that of the machine itself :joy:).

| username: andone | Original post link

This budget is quite high, isn’t it?

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

What was the previous cluster configuration? Please share it as well. Without a comparison, we can’t tell if there has been any cost reduction.

| username: TiDBer_小阿飞 | Original post link

This price… 5370.77*12=64,449.24

Cloud server storage is relatively expensive.

| username: TiDBer_小阿飞 | Original post link

Sorry, I can’t translate the content from the image. Please provide the text you need translated.

| username: oceanzhang | Original post link

Alibaba Cloud has just experienced a large-scale service disruption.