Top 100 Influential Figures in the Domestic Database Industry

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 国内数据库风云人物百人团

| username: TiDBer_小阿飞

So this is what the experts look like.
PingCAP Co-Founder and CEO - Liu Qi

Explorer of the “Perfect” Database

Started writing x86 assembly language in his junior year of college and got involved in software encryption and decryption technology. After graduation, he worked at JD.com, where he always felt that the horizontal scaling solutions for relational databases were not elegant enough. It wasn’t until 2013, when Google published papers on Spanner and F1, that he first felt that a more perfect distributed MySQL solution could become a reality.

In 2015, Liu Qi co-founded the enterprise-level open-source distributed database company PingCAP with Huang Dongxu and Cui Qiu, serving as CEO. They successively created well-known open-source projects such as Codis, TiDB, and TiKV. Their core product, the open-source cloud-native TiDB project, is an innovation in the global foundational software field. In September 2019, Fortune magazine released its list of China’s 40 Under 40 Business Elites, and Liu Qi was included. In 2020, he was selected as one of the Top 10 Entrepreneurial Leaders of the Year.

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

The less hair you have, the more skilled you are in technology.

| username: 小龙虾爱大龙虾 | Original post link

:+1: :+1: :+1:

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

I became stronger even though I went bald.

| username: Fly-bird | Original post link

:100: :100:

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

I’m planning to go home and shave my head!

| username: 有猫万事足 | Original post link

This was written in 2019, roughly 4 years ago.

This was written in 2016, roughly 7 years ago.

| username: TiDBer_小阿飞 | Original post link

Baldness and intensity are proportional, haha :joy: