Tracing the Origins of Domestic Databases

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 国产数据库溯源

| username: TiDBer_小阿飞

The image you provided is not accessible. Please provide the text content you need translated.

| username: 江湖故人 | Original post link

I am more optimistic about OceanBase/TiDB/GaussDB.

| username: TIDB-Learner | Original post link

I am optimistic about TiDB.

| username: 托马斯滑板鞋 | Original post link

How could Hana possibly be considered NewSQL? At most, it’s an in-memory database; and adding resources can only be done on a single machine, making it extremely difficult to use.

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

| username: 江湖故人 | Original post link

To do well, you either need to have money, good connections, or strong relationships. :rofl:

Upon closer inspection, isn’t this the notorious someone?
It would be better to use Mr. Xu’s diagram instead. :rofl:

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

I am quite optimistic about TiDB.

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

Here’s the image!

The image you provided is not accessible for translation. Please provide the text content directly for translation.

| username: 连连看db | Original post link

It is not appropriate to classify OceanBase as either MySQL-based or Oracle-based; it merely incorporates features compatible with MySQL and Oracle.

| username: ShawnYan | Original post link

| username: TiDBer_小阿飞 | Original post link

Haha! So, do you know his story? Is he really doing that poorly in the industry?

This person had a bad reputation in the database community before, plagiarizing everywhere; finally, they backed down after being confronted by the PG association. Recently, I see they have started selling courses again. :rofl:

| username: wangccsy | Original post link

TiDB is everywhere.

| username: TiDBer_小阿飞 | Original post link

Well, there used to be a PG course, but the homepage has been removed recently! The homepage has been down for several weeks, and initially, it was about inspection scripts!

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Take a look.

| username: forever | Original post link

Some time ago, this was the topic of discussion in the PG group.

| username: FutureDB | Original post link

OceanBase, as a distributed database, has made its stored procedures compatible for the market, which is quite attractive for applications with a large number of stored procedures that want to migrate smoothly.

| username: 春风十里 | Original post link

What are you trying to explain?