Understanding 101 TiKV Read/Write Commit Issues

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 看 101 TiKV 读写commit的问题

| username: 洪七表哥

After the Raft log has reached the committed stage (persisted), if the user initiates a rollback, what will happen?
Will the Raft log rollback, or will a reverse DML operation be initiated?

| username: 裤衩儿飞上天 | Original post link

In the same session, how can you issue other commands if your commit has not yet completed?

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

Can you still rollback after commit?

| username: 洪七表哥 | Original post link

After the committed phase refers to the committed Raft log, not the user’s commit.

| username: 裤衩儿飞上天 | Original post link

In a transaction, the committed state of the raft log is a step in the user’s commit process.

| username: 洪七表哥 | Original post link

I watched it again, indeed, the teacher spoke too fast, I didn’t notice it before.

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

A commit is either completed or not executed. If completed, it is committed; if not completed, it can be rolled back.

| username: stephanie | Original post link

This is the commit of Raft, not the user’s commit. I remember there was a video course where the teacher mentioned it.

| username: zhaokede | Original post link

There is a difference between the two commits, listen carefully.

| username: yulei7633 | Original post link

This cannot be done synchronously, and rollback cannot be executed at this time.

| username: jiayou64 | Original post link

In Raft log replication, “committed” only means that the log entries have been successfully written to the majority of TiKV replicas, ensuring that the written data is not lost (this is not the user’s commit). It is just a stage in Raft log replication. The user’s commit is only returned as successful after the Raft log replication is completed and applied.
Learning, learning.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.