Which version of the BR tool is officially recommended for TiDB 6.5.0 log backup and recovery?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tidb 6.5.0 版本的tidb 日志备份和恢复,官方建议使用哪个版本的br工具?

| username: TiDBer_uiEYTt4h

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment / Testing / PoC
[TiDB Version] 6.5.0
[Reproduction Path] First, perform a snapshot backup, then insert some data, then log backup, then snapshot restore, and finally log restore.
[Encountered Problem: Problem Phenomenon and Impact]
Found that the inserted data was not restored. After updating to version 6.5.6 of the br tool for log recovery, it directly reported an error.

Which version of the br tool does the official recommendation for log backup and recovery for this version?

Additionally, why was nothing restored, yet the final result returned as successful?

[Resource Configuration] Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]
Log recovery information for br version 6.5.0

Log recovery error for br version 6.5.6

| username: 连连看db | Original post link

The official documentation indicates that the BR version should be the same as the TiDB version.

| username: TiDBer_uiEYTt4h | Original post link

Brother, take a look at my description. The br log of version 6.5.0 didn’t recover, so I changed the version.

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

Is the data restored from the snapshot backup complete?
According to the official documentation, v6.5.0 should be the best recommendation.

1. Please provide the cluster display results.
  2. Please provide the complete log, and check if there are any error-level messages before and after.
| username: dba远航 | Original post link

It should be the same version. If there are any issues, first check the cause of the problem.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

I recommend using 6.5.0. Can you provide all the logs from the 6.5.0 recovery?