After binding the TiDB cluster to specific CPU cores, the startup command does not show numactl. How can we determine if the TiDB process is also not bound to specific CPU cores?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tidb 集群绑核后,启动命令没有看到numactl,如何知道tidb进程也没有绑核

| username: Raymond

How can I determine if a process is bound to a specific NUMA node using a Linux command, given that I set the numa_node parameter for the corresponding component through tiup cluster edit-config, but did not find the numactl ----cpunodebind parameter in the startup command?

| username: xfworld | Original post link

NUMA is a Linux kernel command that needs to be handled using Linux OS tools.

numactl --show   View binding information

Refer to this:

If the system hasn’t installed numactl yet, you can install it first as described in the documentation.

| username: h5n1 | Original post link

After setting the numa_node parameter, numactl will be added to the run_xxx.sh script in the component deployment directory. However, you won’t be able to see numactl in the running command when checking with ps.

| username: Raymond | Original post link

Thank you, boss.

Thank you for your reply.

| username: HACK | Original post link

:+1:

| username: tidb狂热爱好者 | Original post link

If your command line can run numactl, it will help with binding the core machine. You can restart the machine separately to take effect.
service tidb-4000 restart

This question was answered incorrectly. Generally, the core binding is for TiKV.
service tikv-21060 restart

If PD needs to bind to a core
service pd-2379 restart

I checked, the command to bind the core is in the startup script of the corresponding component, but it just doesn’t show up in ps -ef.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 1 minute after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.