Confusion Regarding GC Safepoint Query Results

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: gc safepoint查询结果疑惑

| username: HACK

To improve efficiency, please provide the following information. Clear problem descriptions can be resolved faster:
【TiDB Usage Environment】Production, Testing, Research
【TiDB Version】
【Encountered Problem】
Configured a replication task named cdc2. When checking the gc safepoint information, there is a service corresponding to the safe point named ticdc-creating-cdc2. What is this? I haven’t seen it before when creating tasks. This time, I used start-ts to create the replication task. Is it related to this?
pd-ctl -u “http://???:2379” service-gc-safepoint
{
“service_gc_safe_points”: [
{
“service_id”: “gc_worker”,
“expired_at”: 9223372036854775807,
“safe_point”: 434664322298019840
},
{
“service_id”: “ticdc”,
“expired_at”: 1658286141,
“safe_point”: 434687112599306240
},
{
“service_id”: “ticdc-creating-cdc2”, ###What is this???
“expired_at”: 1658200221,
“safe_point”: 434686528597262343
}
],
“gc_safe_point”: 434664322298019840
}

【Reproduction Path】What operations were performed to encounter the problem
【Problem Phenomenon and Impact】

【Attachments】

Please provide the version information of each component, such as cdc/tikv, which can be obtained by executing cdc version/tikv-server --version.

| username: xfworld | Original post link

It’s actually just a version record, sorted by time.

Reference document:

| username: HACK | Original post link

Is this ticdc-creating-cdc2 only displayed when specifying start-ts? The replication I configured before only showed a “service_id”: “ticdc”.

| username: HACK | Original post link

Yes, that’s what it means. “service_id”: “ticdc-creating-cdc2” should be the record of the replication task I created, marked with start-ts.

| username: xfworld | Original post link

service-gc-safepoint

After adding this, it shows that start_ts, safe_point, and gc_save_point all refer to time, and also refer to versions.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 1 minute after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.