DM: Does it support multiple DM tasks to synchronize data to different tables in the same downstream database?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: DM:是否支持多个DM任务,同步数据到下游的同一个库的不同表?

| username: 超7成网友

Does it support such scenarios?

Scenario 1:
There are 10 tables in the upstream database. I start two DM tasks: one task synchronizes 6 tables to the downstream TiDB database, and the other task synchronizes 4 tables to the downstream TiDB database.

The downstream database synchronized by the two tasks is the same.

Scenario 2:
There are 10 tables in the upstream database. I start one task to synchronize 5 tables to the TiDB database [tidb_user]. At this point, there is a new requirement to [add] one more table.
What methods do I have to synchronize this one table’s data to [tidb_user]?
Should I create a new task? Or resynchronize all 6 tables? Or modify the original task to add the 6th table?

| username: TiDBer_jYQINSnf | Original post link

1. It should be supported.
  2. Data Migration 常见问题 | PingCAP 文档中心
| username: Hacker007 | Original post link

For scenario 2, if there is a regex and the newly added table matches the regex, it can be directly synchronized to the downstream. If not, it is better to create a new task. Do not directly modify the original task; it is recommended to create a new task.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic will be automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.