DM Synchronization Error: "entry too large, the max entry size is 6291456, the size of data is 7519863"

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: DM同步报错:entry too large, the max entry size is 6291456, the size of data is 7519863"

| username: TiDBer_nKzLOm2B

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment
[TiDB Version] v.6.1 MySQL Version: MySQL 8.0
[Problem Encountered] Error when synchronizing data from MySQL to TiDB. Adjusted parameters but still no effect. Could someone please help me figure out what’s going on?
Adjusted parameters as shown in the image below:

[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed to cause the issue
[Problem Phenomenon and Impact]

[Attachments]

• Relevant logs, configuration files, Grafana monitoring (https://metricstool.pingcap.com/)
  • TiUP Cluster Display information
  • TiUP Cluster Edit config information
  • TiDB-Overview monitoring
  • Corresponding module Grafana monitoring (if any, such as BR, TiDB-binlog, TiCDC, etc.)
  • Corresponding module logs (including logs from 1 hour before and after the issue)

If the question is related to performance optimization or fault troubleshooting, please download the script and run it. Please select all and copy-paste the terminal output results for upload.

| username: db_user | Original post link

After adjusting the parameters, is there still an error when executing directly on the downstream? If there is no error, you can restart this synchronization task.

| username: TiDBer_nKzLOm2B | Original post link

The task was restarted, but the same error is still reported. Both start-task and resume-task methods have been tried.

Does executing this alter directly on the downstream also result in an error? If so, please share the error message, and also provide the error message from DM.

I am merging multiple tables into one table, and now I can’t find which table has the data that is too long. Therefore, I can’t directly execute this SQL statement downstream.

Got it, it should be a bug in DM. You can check this out:

Okay, thank you very much!

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.