Documentation Optimization for TiDB Configuration Tuning

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TiDB配置调优部分的文档优化

| username: OnTheRoad

1. Documentation is unclear or incomplete, please provide feedback according to the template below:

• Issue category: The content of the documentation is too brief and does not provide users with guiding opinions.
  • Page where the issue occurs: 操作系统性能参数调优 | PingCAP 文档中心
  • Error encountered: The optimization documentation regarding NUMA binding cores asks users to refer to the man manual? Is this even considered documentation? At least provide a scenario or an example, such as whether binding cores is suitable when resources are insufficient, or when hardware resources are abundant? In what scenarios is binding cores not suitable? How to perform NUMA binding?

2. Documentation is unclear or incomplete, please submit according to the template below:

• Issue category: Content is too brief, descriptions are unclear and ambiguous, steps are incomplete.
  • Page where the issue occurs: 操作系统性能参数调优 | PingCAP 文档中心
  • Issue encountered: The optimization content in the network section is too superficial. After reading this section, it feels like a lot has been written, but at the same time, it seems like nothing has been written.

Finally, to add, “Documentation that even a vegetable vendor can understand is good documentation!” Although this is a bit exaggerated.

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

Let me provide some feedback.

| username: Reod | Original post link

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

1. For the documentation on NUMA binding, we will add more usage scenarios in the future.
  2. Regarding the network documentation, could you please specify what content you would like us to provide?
| username: OnTheRoad | Original post link

For example:
Hard interrupt: Observe /proc/interrupts network card interrupt, how to determine if the interrupt is unbalanced? Refer to the processor section, put a hyperlink here, will the experience be better?
According to the documentation, look at “Processor - Interrupt Affinity”, after reading for a long time, I still don’t understand what it says. At least for a novice, after reading this document, they have no idea where to start. It could also be that my technical skills are too poor. Finally, refer to the kernel documentation.

(Of course, it could also be that my technical skills are too poor.)

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

Processed, the relevant progress can be seen in the PR: tune-operating-system.md: add more links and fix format by Oreoxmt · Pull Request #10967 · pingcap/docs-cn · GitHub

| username: system | Original post link

This topic will be automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.