ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'tidb-137' (using password: YES)

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘tidb-137’ (using password: YES)

| username: TiDBer_xzeqSVEp

After executing secure boot, the MySQL password has been remembered, but access is still not possible.
Following the forum’s method to check, one machine is in a false state.
Due to different installation methods, I didn’t dare to proceed further. I found an article about using tiup to add passwordless login configuration with tiup cluster edit-cluster.
When entering the cluster name, it prompts:

I’ve been stuck here for a long time. Can someone please help me solve this? I really don’t know how to fix it. The installation was done according to the official documentation’s recommendation to use tiup.

| username: cheng | Original post link

mysql -u -p password -h ip -P4000
| username: TiDBer_xzeqSVEp | Original post link

It still doesn’t work :sob:

Your error shows “user”, how could it be “-p”? Take a more complete screenshot, including your command.

The image you provided is not visible. Please provide the text you need translated.

I’m confused. It should be mysql -u username -p password -h ip -P4000.

Add special characters to the password.

I got in, what could be the reason? According to the official tutorial, isn’t it just mysql -u root -h IP -p 4000?

-p is the password, -P is the port number. One is lowercase, the other is uppercase.

Okay, thank you bro.

I have a question I’d like to ask, bro. My TiDB cluster status is normal, but I can’t access port 2379. I can access port 3000 with /dashboard like this:

It’s the same without /dashboard, and it’s the same when I try accessing it from the other two machines.

Use tiup cluster display to check the cluster status.
Copy the dashboard URL, and that’s it.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic will be automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.