Error Installing TiDB Distributed Database in Oracle VM VirtualBox: No Route to Host

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: Oracle VM VirtualBox里安装TiDB分布式数据库报错,失败:没有到主机的路由

| username: TiDBer_a84m8g3a

I am a newbie and want to connect to the TiDB database locally to learn, but I encountered a problem from the very beginning. I would like to ask for help from the experts. When installing the TiDB distributed database in Oracle VM VirtualBox, I get an error: “No route to host.” How can I solve this? I have searched on Baidu for a long time but couldn’t find a solution. Thank you very much for your help!

| username: h5n1 | Original post link

Bridge the network with the computer’s internet card.

| username: TiDBer_a84m8g3a | Original post link

Previously, I compared the configuration of another computer that could install MySQL, but it turned out that I couldn’t even install MySQL on it. It seems I will have to compare again. Thank you!

| username: gary | Original post link

The virtual machine is not connected to the internet. Configure the DNS.

| username: TiDBer_a84m8g3a | Original post link

Solved, it can be installed now, thank you everyone.
Previously, the configuration could also ping Baidu, but it couldn’t be installed. This time, I changed the drop-down option for the control chip in the network card configuration, but I don’t think that’s the reason. The reason should be changing the default gateway in the ifcfg-enp* file of the virtual machine to be the same as the host.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 1 minute after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.