GC is not working properly

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: gc 不能正常工作

| username: Hacker_ynbNppAC

【TiDB Usage Environment】Production Environment
【TiDB Version】4.0
【Reproduction Path】5 TiKV nodes, mistakenly deleted the directories of 2 nodes, one node had issues so it was removed and became offline. I want it to become tombstone status and then delete it.
【Encountered Issues: Symptoms and Impact】
【Resource Configuration】5 TiKV nodes, 3 PD nodes, 2 TiDB nodes
TiKV 2T/node
【Reproduction Path】5 TiKV nodes, mistakenly deleted the directories of 2 nodes, one node had issues, later space was insufficient, truncated a large table, and GC has not been executed
【Encountered Issues: Symptoms and Impact】
GC failed at resolve locks

[ERROR] [gc_worker.go:787] ["[gc worker] resolve locks failed"] [uuid=5cb549336b40001] [safePoint=417520979457343488] [error="loadRegion from PD failed, key: \""t\"\"x80\"\"x00\"\"x00\"\"x00\"\"x00\"\"x01m\"\"xcb_r\"\"xf8\"\"x00\"\"x00\"\"x00\"\"x01\"\"x8f\"\"xd7;\"", err: rpc error: code = Canceled desc = context canceled"] [errorVerbose="loadRegion from PD failed, key: \""t\"\"x80\"\"x00\"\"x00\"\"x00\"\"x00\"\"x01m\"\"xcb_r\"\"xf8\"\"x00\"\"x00\"\"x00\"\"x01\"\"x8f\"\"xd7;\"", err: rpc error: code = Canceled desc = context canceled\"ngithub.com/pingcap/tidb/store/tikv.(*RegionCache).loadRegion\"n\"tgithub.com/pingcap/tidb@/store/tikv/region_cache.go:621\"ngithub.com/pingcap/tidb/store/tikv.(*RegionCache).findRegionByKey\"n\"tgithub.com/pingcap/tidb@/store/tikv/region_cache.go:358\"ngithub.com/pingcap/tidb/store/tikv.(*RegionCache).LocateKey\"n\"tgithub.com/pingcap/tidb@/store/tikv/region_cache.go:318\"ngithub.com/pingcap/tidb/store/tikv.(

Read an article suggesting to modify the region-cache-ttl parameter

| username: Hacker_ynbNppAC | Original post link

The log is as follows

| username: wzf0072 | Original post link

How many replicas does your cluster have? To ensure that the Region has enough healthy replicas on other TiKVs to continue read and write operations through the Raft mechanism.

| username: wzf0072 | Original post link

The [Online Unsafe Recovery] feature is not available in version 4.0;
Forcing Region to recover service from multi-replica failure state (deprecated)

I have three replicas, and now the problem is that the GC worker is not functioning properly.

Unable to process the request to truncate the table and reclaim data through GC.

| username: 考试没答案 | Original post link

Check the gc_safe_point at that time. How long did you set it for? show variables like ‘%gc_life_time%’;

After truncating a large table, there will be many empty regions that need to be merged. You can also check the status of the regions using pd-ctl.

I currently have quite a few empty regions, and I also have a newly added node, so it has relatively little data.
Regions lacking replicas: over 70,000
Regions with multiple replicas: 12
Regions with replicas in Pending state: 11

First, set the status correctly. Everything else should work fine.

Check if there are any issues with the schedule.

Are you referring to the region status? The store status is normal.

display Check the status

Check the status of the mysql.analyze_status table.

There is no such command in pd-ctl.

I couldn’t find this table in version 4.0.

tiup cluster display cluster_name

I deployed using k8s, and currently, all nodes are functioning normally.