How to Query the SQL Statement Corresponding to a Digest

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 怎么查询digest对应的SQL语句

| username: HACK

[TiDB Usage Environment] Online, Testing, Research
[TiDB Version]
[Encountered Problem]
Cluster Version: 4.0.6
An SQL statement hasn’t been committed. By checking INFORMATION_SCHEMA.CLUSTER_PROCESSLIST, I can find the DIGEST. How can I view the SQL statement corresponding to this DIGEST?

[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed to encounter the problem
[Problem Phenomenon and Impact]

[Attachments]

Please provide the version information of each component, such as cdc/tikv, which can be obtained by executing cdc version/tikv-server --version.

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦 | Original post link

Try linking the CLUSTER_STATEMENTS_SUMMARY table or the STATEMENTS_SUMMARY_HISTORY table to see.

select QUERY_SAMPLE_TEXT from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.CLUSTER_STATEMENTS_SUMMARY_HISTORY where DIGEST='xxxxx'

| username: 逍遥_猫 | Original post link

You might be able to find the corresponding SQL statements in the slow_query log.

| username: HACK | Original post link

Can’t find it in these two tables.

Neither txn_start_ts nor digest were found in the cluster_slow_query table.

It’s been too long, it must have been cleared.

I just did the test.

I tested version 6.1 on my side and it works. There are no normal entries in cluster_slow_query; queries that execute quickly but are not committed will not be recorded. You can try increasing the parameters above; it is possible that there are too many types of SQL queries, causing some to be removed.

This is my personal test environment.

I feel that the information viewed from the cluster_statements_summary (this view currently has a total of only 15 records) is not accurate. I just executed an SQL, and then I couldn’t see it in this view.

select QUERY_SAMPLE_TEXT from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.CLUSTER_STATEMENTS_SUMMARY a join INFORMATION_SCHEMA.processlist b on a.DIGEST=b.DIGEST;

Does this work? It works fine on my end.

Try this and see if the SQL that comes out twice is the same?

SESSION1:

use testdb;

begin;

update t set name=‘aaa’ where id=1;

— Check the SQL corresponding to this DIGEST

commit;

update t set name=‘bbb’ where id=2;

— Check the SQL corresponding to this DIGEST

Both are present because their DIGESTs are the same.

I tested it several times, and sometimes it’s accurate, sometimes it’s not. It feels like the content in INFORMATION_SCHEMA.CLUSTER_STATEMENTS_SUMMARY is not updated in a timely or accurate manner.

Retested it again, still having issues, the process is as follows:

tidb_stmt_summary_history_size=24

tidb_stmt_summary_max_sql_length=4096

tidb_stmt_summary_max_stmt_count=200

tidb_stmt_summary_refresh_interval=1800

Issue:

Executing SQL statements like update tabname set name=? where id=? multiple times, when checking the recorded SQL content in the table, only the first executed SQL statement can be seen.

Testing process:

SESSION1:

begin;

update zjp set name=‘DDD’ where id=3;

SESSION2:

Check the DIGEST corresponding to this SQL, and check the SQL text corresponding to that DIGEST

select query_sample_text from information_schema.cluster_statements_summary where digest=‘xxx’;

The text seen is the SQL statement just executed.

SESSION1:

commit; commit the previous modification

update zjp set name=‘BBB’ where id=2;

SESSION2:

select query_sample_text from information_schema.cluster_statements_summary where digest=‘xxx’;

The text seen is still the first executed SQL text, and the second one (update zjp set name='BBB' where id=2;) is not seen.

| username: h5n1 | Original post link

• DIGEST: The digest of this type of SQL
  • DIGEST_TEXT: The normalized SQL
  • QUERY_SAMPLE_TEXT: The original SQL statement of this type of SQL, only one statement is taken if there are multiple

The digest is the fingerprint calculated from the normalized SQL.

Is there any way to find the actual executed SQL?

| username: h5n1 | Original post link

It seems there is no place to check, and the places to record SQL information are just these, which have been basically mentioned before.

| username: forever | Original post link

Set the slow log to the minimum and check from the slow log.

If the transaction is not committed, there should be no content in the slow log.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic will be automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.