Issues Related to Multithreaded Backup

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: br 多线程备份的相关问题

| username: Raymond

I always thought that the number of concurrent threads controlling BR backup was controlled by the backup.num-threads parameter, but BR also has a parameter --concurrency. I don’t know what this parameter does.

1. So which parameter actually controls the number of concurrent threads for BR backup?
  2. I executed br backup db --help and did not find the concurrency parameter, so is the concurrency parameter not visible in the BR options?

| username: h5n1 | Original post link

backup.num-threads is the maximum number of threads allowed in the TiKV-side backup thread pool, while --concurrency is the maximum number of threads set by the user on the client side.

| username: Raymond | Original post link

May I ask, if --concurrency is set to 8, but backup.num-threads is only 6, does that mean the maximum number of backup threads during the backup process is determined by backup.num-threads?

It should be like this, backup.num-threads defaults to 75% of the CPU count.

| username: Raymond | Original post link

It’s strange that the br backup db --help does not show the concurrency parameter.

It is possible that it was omitted or the --help documentation was not updated. You can post a suggestion in the feedback section.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic will be automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.