Issues with Deploying TiDB Binlog Components Pump and Drainer

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tidb binlog组件pump和drainer部署问题

| username: TiDBer_5GvAkLi0

【TiDB Usage Environment】Test environment
【TiDB Version】v5.4.1
【Encountered Issues】1: I need to enable binlog on the existing TiDB cluster. Can both components of TiDB binlog be deployed on the TiDB-server node?
2: The TiDB documentation on scaling does not mention the deployment of binlog components. Is the deployment of the two binlog components the same as the scaling of other components?

| username: xfworld | Original post link

1. It is best to deploy the components separately, apart from TiDB. Refer to the official diagram below:

2. Deployment operations can be conveniently carried out using tiup, and of course, tiup can also be used for scaling down.

However, after version 5.X, it is recommended to use TiCDC, as the binlog solution will gradually be phased out.

| username: TiDBer_5GvAkLi0 | Original post link

Thank you very much for the answer. I need to synchronize TiDB data to big data Doris. May I ask if it is possible to deploy TiCDC for synchronization without enabling binlog? Since it is a test environment and I don’t want to buy another server, which component would be better to deploy TiCDC with?

| username: xfworld | Original post link

It is also best to deploy it separately. If conditions permit, you can use the k8s solution, which can solve resource issues, although the performance might be slightly worse.

| username: forever | Original post link

TiCDC can synchronize to Kafka, you can try from Kafka to Doris.

| username: TiDBer_5GvAkLi0 | Original post link

Thank you for the explanation.

| username: Lucien-卢西恩 | Original post link

Thank you for the feedback.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.