My Ten Years with TiDB: Learning TiDB, Understanding TiDB, Using TiDB to Open the Company's Door, and Using the Company's Salary for Financial Management. My Ten Years with TiDB

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 我与tidb的十年,学习tidb理解tidb,用tidb去敲开公司的大门,用公司的工资来做理财。我与tidb的十年

| username: tidb狂热爱好者

1. Learning and Mastering TiDB Technology

TiDB is an open-source distributed SQL database developed by PingCAP. It combines the ease of use of traditional RDBMS systems with the horizontal scalability of NoSQL systems. For database professionals, mastering TiDB technology means being able to handle large-scale, high-concurrency data scenarios, which is extremely valuable in today’s data-driven world.

Learning Path:

• Basic Knowledge: Understand SQL language, database principles, and distributed system design.
  • Official Documentation: Read the official TiDB documentation provided by PingCAP to understand its architecture and components.
  • Practical Operation: Set up a TiDB cluster and practice data migration and troubleshooting.
  • Community Interaction: Participate in the TiDB community, exchange experiences with other developers, and solve practical problems.

Potential Benefits:

• Career Opportunities: As TiDB becomes more widely used in the industry, there is a high demand for professionals proficient in TiDB.
  • Salary Increase: Database administrators or engineers with TiDB skills can typically earn above the market average salary.

2. Benefits of a Career in TiDB

As a TiDB expert, you can find career opportunities in various fields, including finance, e-commerce, cloud computing, etc. These industries require database systems capable of handling big data and high concurrency requests.

Learning TiDB can significantly broaden your career path in big data management. The benefits include high salaries in the IT industry. If you reach an expert level, you could earn over 50,000 RMB per month. Even at an entry-level, you could earn over 20,000 RMB per month, with an annual income ranging from 300,000 to 600,000 RMB. Here are some career paths:

Career Path:

• Database Administrator: Responsible for daily maintenance, performance optimization, and security management of the database.
  • Data Engineer: Design and build data pipelines to ensure data accuracy and availability.
  • System Architect: Plan and design the entire system architecture, including database deployment and maintenance.

3. Salary Investment and Financial Management

Investing your career income in financial products can help preserve and increase your assets. There are many ways to manage finances, including but not limited to stocks, bonds, funds, and real estate.

If you earn 600,000 RMB a year, a conservative investment in a bank could yield an annual return of 2%. If you choose financial management with a 70% annual return, your annual income could reach 1 million RMB. Learning TiDB and using your database knowledge to help with financial management can yield higher returns, allowing you to enjoy life without worrying about salary. This is the essence of life.

Financial Strategy:

• Risk Assessment: Choose suitable investment products based on your risk tolerance.
  • Diversified Investment: Do not invest all your funds in a single product to spread the risk.
  • Long-term Investment: Financial management is a long-term process that requires patience and continuous attention to market dynamics.

Secondary Benefits:

• Interest Income: Fixed-income products like term deposits and bonds.
  • Dividend Income: Investing in dividend-paying stocks or funds.
  • Capital Appreciation: Long-term investments in stocks and real estate.

Summary:

In-depth learning of TiDB technology can not only enhance personal professional skills but also bring more career opportunities and higher salaries. At the same time, reasonable financial planning can help you convert career income into continuous financial gains. In this process, continuous learning and adapting to market changes are very important.

The above content is only an overview; detailed discussion and analysis require more information and data support. I hope this information helps you better understand the potential of learning TiDB technology and career development, as well as how to achieve financial freedom through financial management. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

| username: ShawnYan | Original post link

I’m not even a foot soldier…

| username: Jellybean | Original post link

As a humble junior, I look up to the experts. :+1:

| username: tidb狂热爱好者 | Original post link

You are in a state-owned enterprise. The money in state-owned enterprises is all in the provident fund.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Let’s see the expert.

| username: zhaokede | Original post link

An investment with a 70% annualized return.
Haha, this isn’t called investment, it’s called robbery.

| username: chenhanneu | Original post link

Learning from the experts.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Even Buffett would need to ask for advice, haha.

| username: 我是人间不清醒 | Original post link

There is no risk in learning TiDB. Investing has risks. :grinning:

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

Ten years ago, you didn’t know me, and I didn’t know you~ :yum:

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

Cherish life, stay away from the stock market!

| username: riciny | Original post link

This was made up by AI, right?

| username: TiDBer_jYQINSnf | Original post link

If investing can yield a 70% return, why bother learning TiDB? Just borrow tens of thousands of yuan to invest instead. :grinning:

So, to learn TiDB well, let the data speak for itself.

A DBA I know borrowed 10 million to invest in straw mushrooms. The person is gone, and their family and relatives borrowed everything, including bank credit cards and loans, and later margin financing and securities lending. The person is gone.

| username: 考试没答案 | Original post link

DBA has affected your potential to become a stock market guru!

| username: 呢莫不爱吃鱼 | Original post link

Reach the pinnacle of life and marry a rich, beautiful woman.

| username: cassblanca | Original post link

Financial management net value is also not rigidly paid, and the return may be negative. The stock market is full of inexperienced investors. It’s more reliable to invest in yourself by learning TiDB knowledge.

| username: DBAER | Original post link

This serious talk is off-topic when it comes to the financial management section.

| username: lsh2004 | Original post link

This is ridiculous. Buying financial products and funds can leave you with nothing, heavily in debt, and ultimately jumping off the roof!