My Unbreakable Bond with TiDB: A Year of Growth Chronicles

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 我与TiDB的不解之缘:一年成长纪实

| username: zhaokede

Looking back at the early summer of 2023, a task assignment in June officially marked the beginning of my journey with the TiDB database. Faced with the vacancy of a professional TiDB DBA in the team, the leadership had high expectations. Several of us colleagues were entrusted with the important task of learning TiDB and striving for the PCTA certification. This was not just a technical challenge but also a starting point for self-transcendence.

Embarking: Exploring the Vast World of TiDB

On July 10, 2023, I registered with the TiDB community with great anticipation, officially becoming a member of this vibrant and innovative family. Despite the busy daily work, learning TiDB always held a special place in my heart. Using fragmented time, I delved into the ocean of TiDB documentation, accumulating knowledge and experience bit by bit.

Breakthrough: Successfully Obtaining the PCTA Certification

Time flew by, and soon it was golden autumn in October. During a casual community browsing, I was fortunate to receive a redemption code for the PCTA exam. This was undoubtedly an important test of my learning achievements. After careful preparation, I successfully passed the PCTA exam in November 2023, which not only affirmed my personal efforts but also laid a solid foundation for my subsequent learning journey.

Challenges and Growth: The Rigorous Journey of PCSD

However, the road of technology is never smooth. At the beginning of 2024, I challenged the PCSD certification for the first time but encountered a setback with a score of 35, which was a harsh blow. But I did not get discouraged; instead, I devoted myself more earnestly to the 201 course. After a month of hard work, I scored 46 in the second exam in February. Although the process was tough, I ultimately crossed this threshold.

Leap: The Glorious Crowning of PCTP Certification

Entering 2024, I faced more opportunities and challenges. The community’s points redemption exam code activity gave me the chance to further study the 303 course. With the meticulous supervision of my cousin and Tongtong, I immersed myself in the sea of knowledge for a whole month, continuously absorbing nutrients. Finally, in the community exam session in May, I passed the PCTP exam with an excellent score of 72, a feat that filled me with pride and joy.

Anniversary Reflections: Growing Together with TiDB

In the blink of an eye, I am about to celebrate the first anniversary of my registration with the TiDB community on July 10, 2024. Over the past year, I have experienced a transformation from unfamiliarity to familiarity, from challenges to growth with TiDB. I have witnessed the increasing maturity and widespread application of TiDB technology and feel proud to be a part of this great endeavor.

Here, I sincerely wish that the TiDB database continues to thrive, constantly breaking through technological boundaries to become a more reliable and high-performance database solution. At the same time, I look forward to writing our exciting chapters together with more like-minded friends on the vast stage of TiDB.