PingCAP Certified TiDB Database Associate (PCTA) Certification Exam Scope Guide

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: PingCAP 认证 TiDB 数据库专员(PCTA)认证考试范围指引

| username: Soline324

Product Version

TiDB v6.x

:moneybag: Exam Fee

• Starting from October 1, 2022, Beijing time, the original price (699 RMB/person/time) will be restored. After the original price is restored, students can redeem it through community points or contact PingCAP education partners to purchase.

:man_technologist: Exam Candidates

Developers, DBAs, and architects who will use the TiDB database in their work. This exam focuses on the architecture, core principles, and design principles of the TiDB database, which are the foundation for future management, development, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.

:ok_man: Exam Objectives and Requirements (Based on TiDB v6.x)

PingCAP Certified TiDB Associate (PCTA) needs to learn and master the architecture, core principles, and design principles of the TiDB database.

:pushpin: Exam Format & Scoring Rules (Based on TiDB v6.x)

Remote online exam, 80 minutes duration, 50 questions in total (26 single-choice, 24 multiple-choice, 2 points each), full score 100 points, 60 points to pass (the passing line is based on a 60% correct answer rate, with slight fluctuations based on the difficulty coefficient of the exam paper).

:arrow_forward: Recommended Courses

:raising_hand_man: Simplified Chinese Exam Registration

:bookmark: Exam Scope (Mind Map)

:100: Exam Results and Certificate Issuance

1. Exam results will be available immediately after submitting the exam paper (example shown below).

2. The PCTA certification exam only provides electronic certificates. Students who pass the exam will receive an electronic certificate within 1 working day after the exam ends (PCTA electronic certificate template shown below). The obtained certificates can be viewed in Personal Center → My Certificates.

| username: ShawnYan | Original post link

Highlight the key points.

| username: 我是咖啡哥 | Original post link

Take advantage of the free offer now, hurry up and use it.

| username: JiekeXu | Original post link

Three months of free time, what are you waiting for? Quickly call your friends!

| username: TiDBer_jYQINSnf | Original post link

Can the exam time be more flexible? If the questions are the same every week, those who take the exam this week will know the questions, which leads to leaks. If the questions are different every week, then it can be changed so that each person has different questions, which is also fine. It doesn’t have to be like the college entrance exam with a unified global time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, mainly because I’m on the road around 8 o’clock :grimacing:.

| username: forever | Original post link

Definitely going to make a move.

| username: tidb狂热爱好者 | Original post link

Prostitute, prostitute, prostitute

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

First of all, the questions are different and random.
Then, to avoid taking up rest time, weekends are excluded.
Finally, an evening on a weekday was chosen, excluding Monday and Tuesday for work planning and Friday for work summary.
Of course, most importantly, it is assumed that everyone works from 9 to 5. :wink:

| username: Kuber | Original post link

Hurry up and get involved.

Lu Xun said, I didn’t even know there were so many reasons. :grimacing:

What Lu Xun doesn’t know, Zhou Shuren knows~ :wink:

| username: jaybing926 | Original post link

Last time I copied it and it didn’t pass. Is there any expert who can help me? :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

Watch the video once, then draw a mind map, and you’ll basically pass~ :shushing_face: Friendly reminder, the mind map is very crucial~

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦 | Original post link

Revealing my off-work time, I also leave around this time, which is considered early :crazy_face:

| username: tjdagang1 | Original post link

Can PCSD qualifications be issued?

| username: Hacker007 | Original post link

Not the same, you are the expert.

If we leave any later, we’ll have to take a taxi. Isn’t that just unnecessarily increasing the company’s expenses? :crazy_face:

| username: BraveChen | Original post link

Already finished the exam :see_no_evil:

| username: Hacker007 | Original post link

Are there any course materials?

| username: Tank001 | Original post link

Is there a courseware available?