Preparation for Learning PCTP

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 学习pctp准备工作

| username: tidb狂热爱好者

My learning process:
It took about 10 days from the start of learning to the exam, which was quite rushed, so I watched many videos at double speed.

1. Watched the videos at 1.75x speed for the first time, understanding some basic principles (this process was the most painful);
  2. Did the after-class exercises for the second time (discovered many blind spots);
  3. Read Mr. Zhang Yulong’s articles twice (the key points are well summarized, some courses do not have summaries, so you need to watch the videos yourself), supplemented my memory, and deepened my understanding of some key parameters; I planned to go through the mind map again, but it was too large and got stuck.
  4. Watched the videos at 1x speed quickly three hours before the exam (sharpening the knife before the battle).
  5. During the exam, marked the uncertain questions and focused on solving them after finishing the rest.

Key points: principles of various components, parameters, problem diagnosis, database query optimization, and statistical information, etc.

TIDB-PCTA Series Practical Test + Preparing for TIDB-PCTP - Modb.pro

I will study more for the next exam. I hope I pass this time.

| username: tidb狂热爱好者 | Original post link

Today is the first day watching the advanced videos. I watched the TiKV chapter and recorded all the after-class exercises.

Today is the 8th day, and I have finished watching all the videos.

| username: cs58_dba | Original post link

Videos + practice questions + experiments, conquer PCTP.

In fact, it is to first take a test to get used to the question types.

Print out all the exercises during the break.

If you are already working with TiDB, you can get certified.