Questions Related to TiKV Decommissioning

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tikv 下线相关疑问

| username: Hacker_suny

To improve efficiency, please provide the following information. Clear problem descriptions can be resolved more quickly:
[TiDB Usage Environment] Production
[TiDB Version] v4.0.11
[Encountered Problem]
I would like to ask everyone a question. In the production environment, the TiKV nodes are deployed in a single machine with multiple nodes. Now, I need to scale down the nodes. According to the official documentation, you can directly use the command tiup cluster scale-in <cluster-name> -N ip:port to take the node offline.

However, according to the article 【SOP 系列 06】临时关机维护某线上主机 - TiDB 的问答社区, you need to manually migrate the leader first and then modify max-store-down-time to exceed the server maintenance time to ensure that no replica replenishment occurs during the server maintenance period before taking the KV node offline.

So, I would like to ask whether I only need to follow one of these operations, or do I need to follow the steps in the article 【SOP 系列 06】临时关机维护某线上主机 - TiDB 的问答社区 first and then execute tiup cluster scale-in <cluster-name> -N ip:port.

| username: h5n1 | Original post link

This document is probably from an earlier version. If you have tiup, just use scale-in. Note that you should avoid using --force unless necessary.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic will be automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.