Sysbench Performance Test Cannot Find Configuration File

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: sysbench性能测试找不到配置文件

| username: 随缘天空

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production environment, stress testing TiDB database performance
[TiDB Version] V7.1.1
[Reproduction Path] Refer to the official documentation to use sysbench for performance testing, then wrote a sysbench-config file, but when running the command, it prompts that the configuration file cannot be found.
[Encountered Problem: Problem Phenomenon and Impact] When using sysbench to execute the warm-up command, it prompts that the configuration file cannot be found. I also tried placing the configuration file in the root directory, but it still doesn’t work. The current configuration file is in the same directory as the lua script. Some online sources suggest it might be a file encoding issue and should be changed to UTF-8 without BOM format, but the current text format is already set to this.
[Resource Configuration]
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]

| username: WalterWj | Original post link

It seems like there’s an issue with your sysbench installation, right? :thinking:

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦 | Original post link

Try adding the suffix .conf to the configuration file.

| username: 随缘天空 | Original post link

I didn’t find any issues either.

No, I have tried it.

This error is unrelated to the database. How about installing sysbench using yum?

I entered the bin directory where sysbench is installed and re-executed the command. This time, instead of a file not found prompt, the following error appeared:

After installing the software, I didn’t do much except replace the content of the oltp_common file with the adjusted content from the official source. This was mainly to improve the efficiency of data import.

What does the content adjusted according to the official website refer to?

The following text is the latest otlp_common content
oltp_common.lua (14.0 KB)
Previously, you would click the link corresponding to the image, and then replace the otlp_common content in the installed file of the same name with the content from the link.

This optimization, if I remember correctly, involves creating the index first and then importing the data.

Do the old Lua files still exist? Copy them back and try running them to see if there are any errors. If there are no errors:
Then directly use 2 to adjust, and try not to use the Lua files from this location.

None of them work, it’s still the same error.

Not sure, you can try downgrading the version.

Okay, thank you.

| username: ShawnYan | Original post link

Have these two dependencies been installed? rpm -qa | grep 'luajit\|^ck'

| username: redgame | Original post link

Write the full path and the full name of the file.

Take another look at the ld configuration:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/sysbench/lib
| username: ffeenn | Original post link

Alternatively, you can use the Benchmark-Boot graphical sysbench stress testing tool, which is easy to use and supports multiple stress testing methods.

Is this a closed-source tool? I couldn’t find the source code repository.

| username: ffeenn | Original post link

Currently not open source, https://benchmark-boot.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com/benchmark-boot-x86-20230523.tar.gz