TICDC Reports CDC:ErrGCTTLExceeded

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TICDC报CDC:ErrGCTTLExceeded

| username: MSGJC

TICDC version 6.1
Encountered this error:
“error”: {
“addr”: “172.18.3.38:8300”,
“code”: “CDC:ErrGCTTLExceeded”,
“message”: “[CDC:ErrGCTTLExceeded]the checkpoint-ts(434555552879083530) lag of the changefeed({default cdc-kf}) has exceeded the GC TTL”
},

| username: luqiuhua | Original post link

Exceeded the GC time? In the previous version, we directly rebuilt the changefeed for this issue.

| username: MSGJC | Original post link

I set the GC time to 12 hours for recycling, this shouldn’t be the issue, right?

| username: luqiuhua | Original post link

How long has this task been reporting errors? Do you have any monitoring screenshots to share?

| username: songxuecheng | Original post link

The default gc-ttl is 24 hours. Check if you have set any other value; if not, it has timed out.

| username: MSGJC | Original post link

I have 6 CDCs synchronizing different databases, and one of the tasks suddenly encountered a problem. Reflecting on the operations performed on this database, I realized that a table renaming operation was done. I wonder if this is the issue. This task has been resynchronized.

| username: songxuecheng | Original post link

The operation might have caused the task to fail, and it wasn’t discovered until it timed out.

| username: neilshen | Original post link

More information is needed for analysis. It would be best if you could provide the detailed configuration of the failed task and the rename table statement.

CDC:ErrGCTTLExceeded, this error indicates that TiCDC can no longer continue synchronizing the task, and some of the data that needs to be synchronized has already been garbage collected. You need to rebuild the task.

| username: weixiaobing | Original post link

Take a look at the monitoring of this task to see if it has been lagging for a long time. If the lag exceeds the gc-ttl, then this error will occur. If that’s the case, you can only remove the task and resynchronize the data.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic will be automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.