TiDB - how to start command prompt? I need to start / stop TiDB in Linux

Hi every body,
I am new to TiDB (linux).
May I know:

1. How to start and stop TiDB in Linux environment?
  2. How to know whether my TiDB is auto start?

Thanks.

Hi there! I can help you with your questions about starting and stopping TiDB in a Linux environment.

To start TiDB in Linux, you can follow these steps:

1. Open a command prompt or terminal on your Linux machine.
  2. Navigate to the directory where TiDB is installed. This is typically the bin directory under the TiDB deployment directory.
  3. Run the following command to start TiDB:
    ./tidb-server

This will start the TiDB server process.

To stop TiDB in Linux, you can use the kill command to stop the TiDB server process. Here’s how:

1. Open a command prompt or terminal on your Linux machine.
  2. Run the following command to find the process ID (PID) corresponding to the TiDB server process:
    ps aux | grep tidb-server

This will display the process ID (PID) of the TiDB server process.
  3. Use the kill command to stop the process. Replace <pid> with the actual process ID obtained in the previous step:
    kill -9 <pid>

This will forcefully terminate the TiDB server process.

As for your second question, to check if TiDB is set to auto-start, you can refer to the TiDB configuration file. Look for the run_tidb.sh script in the scripts directory under the TiDB deployment directory. If this script is set to run automatically on system startup, then TiDB will be auto-started.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

How did you deploy the TiDB cluster?

What Linux distribution OS you are using? For example, CentOS, Ubuntu, or Arch? And which version?

Thanks.

CentOS Linux 7

I don’t know.
It was setup by others but I need to pick the whole TiDB system in a short time.

Um… Is this a testing environment? Normally, TiDB is deployed using TiUP because a TiDB cluster consists of at least three essential components: TiDB, PD, and TiKV, along with other optional parts.

If you can connect to TiDB, try executing the SQL query SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.CLUSTER_INFO. This will display information about the components.

See if there is a tiup command available.

There are so many ways to deploy a TiDB cluster or set up auto-start in CentOS. Have you ever tried to ask the guy who deployed this cluster? We need to figure it out first.