[TiDBer Chat Session 29] The Love-Hate Relationship with Product Requirements! The Product Requirement You Always Thought Was Necessary Is ______

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 【TiDBer 唠嗑茶话会 29】关于产品需求的爱恨情仇!你一直觉得很有必要的产品需求是______

| username: Joyz

A Not-So-Serious Survey~

Listening to everyone’s voices:two_hearts::two_hearts:

This Topic:

The love and hate of product requirements! The product requirement you always thought was very necessary is ______

Activity Rewards:

Participation Award:

Participation reward points 50, experience points 50, only those who seriously state their real needs can receive the reward~

Ti Can Speak Badge Reward:

The top 3 with the most likes will receive the Ti Can Speak badge after accumulating 5 awards

ps. Congratulations:tada::tada: @ShawnYan for accumulating 10 times in the top 3 likes, @啦啦啦啦啦 @Kongdom for accumulating 9 times in the top 3 likes, @caiyfc @索隆爱喝酒 for accumulating 7 times in the top 3 likes, @mliaukz @TiDBer_杨龟干外公 for accumulating 5 times in the top 3 likes, @hey-hoho @TiDBer_pig for accumulating 4 times in the top 3 likes, @CuteRay @TiDBer_dog @数据小黑 @yangchao909 @whymalin @TiDBer_徐川 for accumulating 3 times in the top 3 likes, @pupillord @Billmay表妹 @lxzkenney @半瓶醋仙 @xfworld @TiDBer_sao游 for accumulating 2 times in the top 3 likes, @TiDBer_jYQINSnf @Hacker_ZdnQFYP1 @Myth @HHHHHHULK @Hi70KG @tidber_桃 @JiekeXu @seiang @孙晨航11 @buddyyuan @张雨齐0720 @forever @边城元元 @dapan3927 @MyronWang @望海崖2084 @xiaohetao for accumulating 1 time in the top 3 likes.

Activity Time:

2022.7.8-2022.7.15

Looking forward to your sharing:two_hearts:~

Previous Recommendations:

Issue 26: Share with everyone the most rewarding article you’ve read recently~
Learned a lot~
Original Post Link

Issue 24: In the current wave of layoffs across various industries, how do you maintain your market competitiveness?
Guides from the experts~
Original Post Link

Issue 18: What are the must-read public accounts or website articles every week? Share your hidden gems~
A collection of treasure public accounts~
Original Post Link

Issue 17: Which papers made you exclaim “useful” & couldn’t help but slap your thigh? Share your recommendations!
Come and check out the paper, technical articles, and book giveaways in the comments~
Original Post Link

| username: forever | Original post link

An unserious answer: omnipotent :smile:

| username: Myth | Original post link

An intelligent operation and maintenance platform that includes common operation and maintenance tasks.

| username: 数据小黑 | Original post link

As soon as I heard about this product requirement, I slapped my thigh and thought, “Damn, this is exactly how it should be done! Why didn’t I think of that?”

| username: 孙晨航11 | Original post link

The boss’s requirements are necessary and reasonable, no objections accepted!

| username: Mark | Original post link

The requirements are here: :smile:

| username: xfworld | Original post link

Request support for large transactions!!!

| username: Mark | Original post link

For the TiDB product:
Direction: Distributed HTAP
Users: A series of features of TiDB determine the users’ choice
Era: Currently, domestically developed databases are replacing others
Sustainability: Stable iterations, active community

| username: TiDBer_wTKU9jv6 | Original post link

Make it flashier :grin:

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

I’ve always thought a very necessary product requirement is: It needs to support any scenario here :dog:

| username: ddhe9527 | Original post link

1. Support for cross-database XA transactions
  2. Optimizer supports INDEX SKIP SCAN

PS: Am I being too serious… :thinking:

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦 | Original post link

As a DBA, I don’t have many demands for the product; stability is enough.

| username: TiDBer_CQ | Original post link

The product requirements from the leadership should be my product requirements: they want it to be simpler and more universal

| username: ShawnYan | Original post link

Everyone is a product manager :face_with_monocle:

| username: db_user | Original post link

I think the most desired requirement is to speed up memory reclamation, and even for garbage queries, try to avoid OOM (Out of Memory).

| username: 半瓶醋仙 | Original post link

Problem Background: The daily operations of a DBA are tedious, long, and lonely. When a failure occurs, intelligent database operations need to provide a robust platform solution.

Problem Analysis: While improving the robustness of the database product, additional features such as a simple interactive interface and advanced charts should be added to assist DBAs in inspecting logs and managing business report information, thereby reducing the likelihood of platform downtime.

Solution: Strengthen community support.

| username: TiDBer_pFFcXLgY | Original post link

Change the theme color based on the phone case color :clown_face:

| username: 索隆爱喝酒 | Original post link

The ideal is great, but reality is harsh.

| username: TiDBer_pig | Original post link

To conform to the general trend