TiKV Error cdc initialize fail: Other error [components/cdc/src/initializer.rs:124]: scan canceled

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TiKV 报错 cdc initialize fail: Other error [components/cdc/src/initializer.rs:124]: scan canceled

| username: mxd-321

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment
[TiDB Version] 6.5.0
[Encountered Problem: Phenomenon and Impact] The source table has more than 7000 regions, and the downstream is obtaining CDC events through tikv-client-java, which is reporting errors like crazy: cdc initialize fail: Other error [components/cdc/src/initializer.rs:124]: scan canceled. Can someone help take a look?
[Attachment: Screenshot/Log/Monitoring]

| username: mxd-321 | Original post link

I understand that reporting not_leader should be normal, but are the other errors abnormal? Can any experts take a look?

| username: songxuecheng | Original post link

Check the logs of the PD leader.

I checked, and there are no errors in the PD logs, only some warnings.

The image you provided is not accessible. Please provide the text you need translated.

Master, what does this mean here? How can I fix it?

| username: liuis | Original post link

Is there a problem with the network?

What components are associated with the two IPs above? Please provide the display.

Boss, this is display.

Check if the network for ports 188 to 190 is normal, as it is a mixed deployment. Also, check the disk space, I/O, and memory for any abnormalities.

Boss, what you mentioned is all fine. These two machines are both deployed in the same local area network.

The error in the logs indicates a network issue or firewall, with the port being closed.

Alright, the network should be fine, and our machine hasn’t enabled the firewall either.

| username: Lucien-卢西恩 | Original post link

@mxd-321 Check when the earliest occurrence of “cdc initialize fail: Other error [components/cdc/src/initializer.rs:124] scan canceled” log is, and provide the 100 lines of logs before and after it.

This is a log from a TiKV node. This error has been occurring for a long time, and the downstream tikv-client-java keeps stopping and starting. My initial judgment is that the TiDB version is relatively high and is incompatible with tikv-client-java. The previously tested version 5.1.4 had no issues.

Are you currently using TiCDC with your TiKV cluster? You didn’t have this issue before, right? You might want to try the latest version of tikv-client-java.

We didn’t use TiCDC; we wrote our own component, which includes tikv-client-java. The latest version of tikv-client-java no longer has the cdcClient component.
May I ask if there are any other ways to use Java to get incremental data from TiKV?

Currently, there is no solution for this in the product. You can discuss this topic in the issues section on Github: GitHub - pingcap/tiflow: This repo maintains DM (a data migration platform) and TiCDC (change data capture for TiDB)