Unable to Install TiDB Binlog Component

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 无法安装tidb binlog组件

| username: TiDBer_菜鸟

[Test Environment for TiDB]
[TiDB Version] v4.0.9
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed when the issue occurred
[Encountered Issue] When installing the TiDB Binlog component on an existing TiDB database, using tiup to execute the scale-out command, the scale-out cannot proceed normally
[Resource Configuration] Navigate to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]

| username: TiDBer_菜鸟 | Original post link

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

| username: 随缘天空 | Original post link

The error you’re seeing is due to a port conflict between two machines. Moreover, binlog doesn’t seem to be a component; you can enable it directly using a command after installing the cluster service.

| username: linnana | Original post link

| username: Jellybean | Original post link

Your issue is due to a port conflict. Check the official default ports and make adjustments accordingly.

Additionally, are you planning to use the binlog component of TiDB for primary-secondary cluster synchronization?
If so, I recommend using TICDC, which is the officially promoted solution going forward.
The binlog method has performance and stability issues, and the official team will no longer maintain binlog-related components in the future.

| username: wangccsy | Original post link

It turns out that it was caused by incompatibility.

You cannot use it directly; you need to install the Pump and Drainer services first.

My current version is TIDB v4.0.9.

It’s not primary-secondary synchronization; the downstream needs to synchronize incremental data.

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

What was used for deployment? Tiup? Suspect that the config was changed but not reloaded, and when scaling out, the effective configuration caused a conflict on port 4000, resulting in an error. Suggest checking the configuration file.

Deployed with tiup, it was a port conflict issue, changed the configuration file, thank you all for your answers.

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

:handshake: :handshake: :handshake:

| username: Jellybean | Original post link

Well, the TiDB cluster is v4.0.9, it is recommended to use TICDC version v4.0.16 or later.

| username: 随缘天空 | Original post link

It might be my misunderstanding. I thought it would be similar to MySQL’s binlog mode, where you can use it by adding a configuration during installation or enabling it with a command after installation.

| username: linnana | Original post link

:+1: :+1:

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

Change the port.

| username: TiDBer_lBAxWjWQ | Original post link

Port conflict error occurred.