What is the best learning path for TiDB?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TiDB最佳的学习路线是什么呢?

| username: TiDB_小灰灰

I just started learning TiDB. Could you please advise on the best learning path?

| username: TiDB_C罗 | Original post link

According to the official certification for PCTA and PCTP, each certification has related courses with key exam points.

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

1. Watch videos
  2. Read documentation
  3. Try to answer other people’s questions. I’ve seen someone go from a novice to an expert in just six months!
| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

Accumulating practical experience is the most important!

You can learn a lot of theoretical support from documents, courses, and articles.
Trying to answer other people’s questions is a very good practice process. Identifying problems, solving ideas, learning through communication, and growing through communication!

| username: 我是咖啡哥 | Original post link

My cousin is right. Official videos (https://learn.pingcap.com/learner/course), official documentation (TiDB 产品文档 | PingCAP 文档中心), setting up a test environment yourself, learning and practicing simultaneously, and then taking the PCTA and PCTP exams will make you an expert before you know it.

| username: 有猫万事足 | Original post link

The official free courses are excellent, with the only drawback being that the sound is a bit low. These are the best instructional videos on the market.

If you want to learn other things, you might find some comparisons on Bilibili. But for TiDB courses, other videos can’t compare to the official free courses.

| username: TiDB_小灰灰 | Original post link

This answer is indeed good :+1:

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

The fastest way is to convince the company to adopt TiDB and learn through practice.

| username: cassblanca | Original post link

The official courses have clearly and comprehensively covered the PCTA–>PCTP learning system architecture, configuration management, cluster management, backup and recovery, data synchronization, anomaly diagnosis, query optimization, and more.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

Directly watch all of Mr. Dong Fei’s courses like 301, 202, 303, and then follow along with the experiments. Also, look at the community questions more often, answer the ones you know and research the ones you don’t. Read the official documentation frequently, and if you have time, you can also watch the videos posted by tidb_robot on Bilibili.

| username: TiDBer_启航 | Original post link

Practice Yields True Knowledge
First, set up a test environment according to the official documentation. Learn while operating, and when you encounter problems, study the relevant theoretical knowledge.

| username: redgame | Original post link

Watch the video…

| username: cy6301567 | Original post link

I first watch videos, accumulate points, and then get certified.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.