When compiling the source code on Windows, it prompts: linking with `x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc` failed, but the corresponding C environment dependencies are actually installed

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: windows下编译源码时提示:linking with x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc failed,但是实际已安装相应的c环境依赖

| username: Lystorm

I have tried many solutions, but none of them worked. Seeking help to see if anyone else has encountered a similar issue.

| username: 小王同学Plus | Original post link

Which specific version are you using? Additionally, you can ask about compilation issues in the developer community. 🛰️ 应用开发者专区 - TiDB 的问答社区

| username: Lystorm | Original post link

Thanks for the reply, but I have given up compiling on Windows and switched to Ubuntu.

| username: 小王同学Plus | Original post link

May I ask, after switching to Ubuntu, did the compilation work properly?

| username: Lystorm | Original post link

The source code for the raft part can be compiled successfully, but when compiling grpc, it failed with the error: error: failed to run custom build command for `grpcio-sys v0.10.3+1.44.0-patched. The version being compiled is 0.10.3.

| username: jansu-dev | Original post link

There is a discussion area which is much more suitable for this. → https://internals.tidb.io/

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 1 minute after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.