Why Do the Parameters -F and -r of Dumpling Seem Ineffective?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: dumpling的参数-F和-r为什么看起来都没生效

| username: TiDBer_RSav8Cg3

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment / Testing / PoC
[TiDB Version]
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed to encounter the issue: dumpling -h 127.0.0.1 -u dba_admin -P 8001 -p --compress gzip --filetype sql -t 8 -r 3000000 -F 5GiB -T dataname.table
[Encountered Issue: Issue Phenomenon and Impact]
The exported files are still 6M. I need to export a table that is 700G, and I thought increasing the filesize would result in fewer files. However, after the export, there are still tens of thousands of small files.
[Resource Configuration]
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]

| username: xingzhenxiang | Original post link

It means whichever condition is met first will be the one that takes precedence.

| username: TiDBer_RSav8Cg3 | Original post link

I checked the uncompressed version before, and I also adjusted it to 3 million rows, but the file only has 200,000 rows. So I don’t know what this parameter is actually used for.

| username: xingzhenxiang | Original post link

I thought it was because the number of lines reached the limit, so there were no 5G files. I haven’t encountered your situation either.

| username: TiDBer_pkQ5q1l0 | Original post link

Whichever is satisfied first between -r and -F, you go with that. What version of Dumpling are you using? Maybe try upgrading to the latest version and see if it works.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.